So I don’t hide the fact that I simply adore those insane ladies of The Real Housewives of Orange County. I actually adore all the ladies from all of the Real Housewives, but I have a special place for Orange County because they were the first group that I loved originally. And in the few years that I have shared a living room and glass of wine with them, I have learned a few things.
Here’s my little list of lessons learned from The Real Housewives:
1. It doesn’t matter where you buy your clothes or what label they are, if there is a shirt that has holes cut out where your shoulders are, it will always look tacky. There is not one version of this shirt that looks attractive. See photo below for example:
2. It takes me about 3 years to go through a can of hairspray. I have finally learned who is keeping the hair spray industry in business. Amazing how they can work out in tight workout clothes that all match and their hair never moves.
3. All purses must be worn on the crook of your arm – the place where you bend it. No one ever wears it actually on the shoulder – that would be so middle-class looking. I don’t have the heart to inform them that they are actually carrying their purses the way my senior citizen grandmother used to carry hers.
4. No one drives a minivan. I’d love to see one of these ladies driving a BMW convertible that is filled with car seats. I’m just assuming that the children are all home schooled and never leave the house because I have yet to see a vehicle that can actually seat them.
5. Caterers must be the people leaking stories to tabloids. They are always at these people’s homes and must see some crazy stuff. I’m pretty sure caterers are the secret editors and photographers for People magazine.
So after all those lessons, why do I watch it? Because for one (or maybe two, or three…) nights a week, I can put on my sweat pants, drink my glass of wine and completely be a petty, trash talking woman yelling at her television – it’s like my version of watching sports. And that folks is a pretty fun time.16 Comments