This weekend was my six year wedding anniversary. And as I write this, I’m looking out my window at my husband building me a table for my office. Yep, just out there building a table. That’s the amazing guy he is. I mentioned to him that I needed some extra work space and the next day he’s buying wood and building me a table.
I have said it often but I’ll say it again. I hit the lottery the day I found this guy.
It’s been six years and he makes me laugh harder than any other human being. He makes me enjoy life in a way I never thought possible and he makes me act like a better person when I sometimes don’t want to.
With that in mind, I thought I would share a few of my favorite things about the husband.
- He never gets mad at me for leaving half-filled tea cups all around the house, even though I know for a fact it bothers him immensely.
- He plays all the games with the kids that I hate playing. That man can play Barbies better than any little girl play date my daughter goes on. Plus, I crack up when he makes Ken get in the hot tub with about 10 women at the same time…
- He tells me I’m beautiful when I have my muffin top hanging over my sweatpants. I actually wonder if I should get his eyesight checked out again…. But actually, this is working in my favor so I might just let him go blind.
- He’s the first to get up and dance at a wedding. He is a sight to see when “Shout” is on – you want a dance party, you ask my man to be there.
- He loves me no matter what. And I mean even when I’m at my meanest, crankiest, angriest and just plain bitchiest – that man still finds a way to love me and make me smile. And not only does he love me, he’s the kind of father to our kids that a man should be. He’s the man that makes me proud to call him my husband.
So 6 years down and 60 more to go. I figure after 66 years of marriage, maybe, just maybe, he’ll get sick of me. He might want to try out one of those young, spry women at the nursing home. Heck, if he still has all his teeth and some of his hair, he’ll be the hottest guy there. Try not to give him a heart attack, ladies – he’s a good one.
Happy anniversary babe. You rock.16 Comments